Summer is right around the corner which means warmer weather, colder drinks, longer days, fewer clothes and most exciting of all . . . TRAVELING! Summer vacations are made for being in the moment, wherever those moments may be. However, even living in the moment may require a little preparation. Why is it that traveling is such a beloved hobby but the packing process can be so torturous? Why can’t we just bring our entire closet with us? That would be much easier, don’t you think? Despite the woes of packing we know its better to be prepared so that we can enjoy a stress free trip. Before packing a thing, there are a few items that are essential to making or breaking a trip for us. And honestly, your travel essentials can vary depending on where you’re going and what you’ll be doing while you’re there. In the summer we tend to focus more on tropical travel so our must-have items reflect that. Your ultimate goal should be to maximize the space in your bag with limited items. We’ve learned that thankfully, with a little preparation and a few staple items, you can travel to just about anywhere without the feeling that you’ve forgotten something.
Being the OCD individuals we are, our packing process begins with a list. We break down our trip into each day of the trip and consider what each day will consist of. From there we go from head to toe and list all the necessary items to complete our look and any other essentials needed for the day. Here’s a look at our general packing checklist.
Rubber Bands/Hair Ties
Makeup Remover Wipes
Travel Size Toiletries
Medication (Pain reliever, Allergies, Anti Acid, etc)
Electronics (Headphones, Plugin/Portable Chargers, Tablet, etc)
Here’s some our must have items that we can not forget on any trip:
- Baby Wipes: Wipes are super important for me to pack. They’re just clutch when you need to freshen up any part of your body . . . and I mean ANY part. These keeps you feeling clean in the meantime.
- Small Crossbody Bag: A small, lightweight crossbody bag is most ideal to avoid toting around a bulky purse that gets annoying to carry. Just throw in your essentials and you’ll be good to go!
- Nail Clippers with Fold-in File: I don’t know how many times my hands and/or feet have waited until I’ve left for a trip to tear or chip. These will come in handy for times like these, especially if the file comes attached. (FYI, I’ve also used the clippers as scissors to cut small fabric and plastic)
- Monistat Chafing Relief Powder Gel: I love, love, love how this anti-chafing gel doubles up as a makeup primer (yes!, a primer for your face) and anti-chafing gel.
- Torrid Premium Cropped Leggings: I can not travel anywhere without at least one pair of these in tow. I am all about comfort when traveling and these Torrid leggings are just the perfect fit and thickness. No see-through leggings for this girl!
- Q-tips: Not only are q-tips handy for the obvious but they’re also a must for me during my makeup process. They can be a lifesaver for those moments when you need to fix a small makeup error.
We hope our list helps you as you’re packing for your next getaway so you can not only enjoy your trip but a stress free packing process as well.